Friday, 6 September 2013

Shutter Island Recreation



Analysis of this work:

This was a piece of work I did in preparation for the real trailer. As opposed to doing a practice film, I felt that an experimental film trailer made more sense and would be more relevant for me in the future of this project thus helping me out a little more.

I remade the Shutter Island teaser trailer. I chose this film because it is of a similar genre I had considered doing. A psychological horror. On reflection however, I have decided against the psychological aspects as it can involve various difficult locations and a large cast. It steered me towards the choice of a supernatural horror. Creating this film trailer helped me to decide this in a trial and error bases.

If found that it improved my understanding of IMovie to edit films and such on Mac computers. I before hadn't known how to change the colour of the scenes to create a different feel and as lighting was difficult having only filmed at school, it helped me to edit the lighting post production.
It also helped me to get a greater understanding of how to decide locations and work with actors. I realise that I need to manage a fairly large team and in ways that will suit everyone which this gave me a taster of how to do.
It also helped me to understand other things with the planning of the movie. I had to create story boards and such in order to plan it and I had never done this before. I found it helped me greatly in breaking down the elements I needed to include.

 However, there were some things that I found were difficult to accomplish. This came in the form of sound and voice. It was difficult to record high quality sound and voice overs that matched the scenes so this will be something I shall have to practice to do in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment