Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Proposal


I am aiming to complete a film trailer, poster and magazine front cover for an up and coming supernatural horror film that I am designing.

I am aiming to complete this task in a sequence with a plan that I have devised (seen on my Gantt chart) I have careful timing to ensure that the right work goes into the design of the film. The Gantt chart provides me with a twenty week plan to ensure that I meet deadlines and manage the time well.

I aim to use as many different types of technology as possible to ensure that I have the widest use of digital technology possible and that I, in turn understand more about the technology that can be used within the film, helping to broaden my use of online software. This will be valuable skills when it comes to the editing of my film and photo graphs.
I plan to use Garage band and Imovie for this especially so within my planning I have incorporated tasks that will ensure that my understanding of them improves so that I am even more advanced with it when the time comes to use them on my final piece.

The genre of my film will be a supernatural horror. I find that this can be a good film for the audience that I plan at a 15 age rating for around 15 year old adolescents to early twenties young adults. I think that this is a good audience as the pace can be fast without being too gory or psychological, keeping a theme of mystery. I aim to appeal to them with the use of a young cast, a group of very different teenagers that are forced to use teamwork. These may be ideals that this audience can relate to. They may be of around this age, be forced to overcome differences. Whilst being a thrilling horror, it can be relatable.
I feel it may more appeal to girls as it is a heavily female cast. I found that this was a good idea as very often in horror films there is a larger number of men, Alpha males that take charge and are the hero. In this case, it's the Alpha women in charge and I feel that this should be something more expressed.
There is also a homosexual relationship in it which may therefor appeal to members of the LGBT community as this is something not so easily expressed in a film where it is not the main focus of the story/source of conflict.
As a classification, I believe that the film is likely to be classed as a 15. I have decided on this because looking at films of a similar genre such as Insidious, Paranormal Activity and Cabin in the Woods, they all have similar qualities to the idea I have in mind and are rated to this classification. My film is likely to contain less emphasis on blood and gore and more about the unknown and mysteries. What is and what isn't real.

I decided that the name of my film would be 'Is Anybody There?' I decided this because it first acts as an enigma as it is a question, it leads the audience to want to know the answer to the question. It speaks as though it is addressing the audience or involving them in the film. Also, this is a common thing asked when it comes to contacting the dead or partaking in a séance or Ouija board so it links to an idea of what the film will be about without giving too much away, still creating an air of mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment