These are some of the fonts I was interested in using for the main text on my movie poster for the film. I found them all on dafont.com and downloaded them for use, no default Microsoft fonts.
I liked the first because of the effect of it looking like it was smudge, as though it could have been written with something such as blood. This is obviously linked to the horror genre in many ways, the use of blood as writing often used for a warning for the characters. It also links into my trailer with the use of the blood writing which says 'No exit'. I found however that it was too small but long, when it was resized it seemed out of proportion.
The second I liked for similar reasons but I found that the wide letters seemed almost too comedic, like it has been done for ease of reading and makes it feel somewhat too easy for a horror genre, the letters were also too long and large for the poster.
The third is what I decided to use. This I found could be interpreted in many ways, it can look as though it was smudged in blood or something wet and at the same time creates a static effect, as though something has been jumping around and it has blurred, linking to some of the quick paces in my movie, the jumpy aspects of it and gives a more haunting feel with the motion lines, like a spector moving disjointedly.
The fourth I liked for similar reasons however this did not support the use of punctuation, unfortunately as my title contains a question mark this would not have worked.

No comments:
Post a Comment